Have you ever seen those old maps, the ones on buff coloured, crinkly parchment? Always in one corner there would be an area, unexplored by the cartographer, that mysteriously warns, ” ‘ere be draggons”. (This should be spoken in the voice of one of Jack Sparrow’s crewmen).
Well, shipmates, I be most honoured to have been give a dragonny award by one of me fav’rite colonials, Mistress Stephanie Orges; she of Bekindrewrite fame.
Part of the award says I must write seven interesting things about myself …
- I ride my motorbike almost everyday. Only snow and ice will keep it in the garage
- I passed my advanced riders test last year (Institute of Advanced Motorists, IAM)
- When I was six years old my local church went up in flames while I was in it. I guess that was a sign …
- I’ve completed the NaNoWriMo challenge twice but never edited the resulting manuscript into anything publishable. But one day …
- My first poem was published when I was 11. My poetry hasn’t improved since.
- My Chinese astrology animal is the Dragon!
- I can link my family tree back to 1100 AD, to an event only 30 miles from where I live now. Don’t feel the need to travel much in our family.
I hope that’ll do. Thanks for the award Steph!